EMAIL COMMUNICATION POLICY & CONSENT
Immigration Medical Toronto may utilizes electronic communication such as email to communicate with you in the following scenarios:
- You have requested a digital copy of your immigration medical report and would like us to email it to you.
- You have contacted us via email to inquire about medical results.
- You have requested us to email medical results to you.
Immigration Medical Toronto will not communicate with you via email unless requested and initiated by you.
Risks of Using Electronic Communication
Immigration Medical Toronto cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of electronic communications. Please consider the following risks of using email communication.
- Despite reasonable efforts to protect the privacy and security of electronic communication, it is not possible to completely secure the information
- Employers & online services may have a legal right to inspect & keep electronic communications that pass through their system
- Electronic communications can introduce malware into a computer system and potentially damage or disrupt the computer, networks, and security settings
- Electronic communications can be forwarded, intercepted, circulated, stored, or even changed without the knowledge or permission of the physician or the patient
- Even after the sender and recipient have deleted copies of electronic communications, back-up copies may exist on a computer system
- Electronic communications may be disclosed in accordance with a duty to report or a court order
- Electronic communication can be misdirected, resulting in increased risk of being received by unintended and unknown recipients
- Electronic communication can be easier to falsify than handwritten or signed hard copies. It is not feasible to verify the true identity of the sender, or to ensure that only the recipient can read the message once it has been sent
I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the Immigration Medical Toronto Email Communication Policy & Consent statement. I am aware of the conditions of use, risks, limitations, and instructions for use of email communication services as explained by Immigration Medical Toronto. I fully acknowledge that sending and receiving information via electronic communication is not secure and I fully accept the risks and responsibility involved with this. I hereby waive any and all claimed against the physicians and staff at Immigration Medical Toronto in connection with the disclosure of personal information via email.
I acknowledge that either the clinic staff or I may, at any time, withdraw the option of communicating electronically upon providing written notice.